Wednesday, November 11, 2009

...for the sake of...


i'm writing for the sake of it.
the "poet" in me feels guilty.
but the verses rise and fall
before i can shape them.
they shy away from these papers.
they shy away from me..
the words aren't friends anymore.
only the void seems to be my mate.

i'm writing 'coz i want to.
but the river's not flowing anymore.
its waters are trapped
in an unseen, unknown dam.
then, suddenly, they'll flood!
what binds then, is hidden.
what can set them free,
i know not of.

is this a poem?
i feel not.
is this a verse?
it seems not.
its just a helpless wailing
over failed attempts.
just an inexplicable disgust
over broken thoughts.

i write for the sake of these...
i write,
for i can't stop...

6 comments:

Shadow said...

Needless to say that its hard to convince myself dat u mite have felt helplessness to express ur expressions thru words. If at all u tasted dat helplessness, i guess its no more dan a temporary phase or a kind of transition in ur WILL to give a new direction to ur creative efforts.
One thing to be accepted in all seasons is dat change never changes....this cud b d case even wid ur signature"if it wants to change, change it; else it changes on its own accord"

MAHI said...

gOD....this is such a pump!!!

Shadow said...

Pump ??? U mean i was flattering ? I wasn't flattering at all. . coz in d limits of my mind's potential to have accompanied in ur endless journey of words though for a short time, I knw dat ur potential of words is limitless..upon realizing dat there's no goal r destination to ur journey I mite have decided to return back...hehehehe ..kidding !

MAHI said...

u make me seem a Goddess of Words...
dont..
coz i'm not

Anonymous said...

fortunately this spirit of writer is tending me to wake up again!! ahhhhhhhh!!!! roars....

MAHI said...

well....i've been there done dat!
huh!